MAC version damaged?

2/24/2013 12:59:55 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 35
SHE WORE, SHE WORE, SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON

MAC version damaged?

Hello guys :)

I downloaded the mac version from the homepage, but it says its damaged and cant be opened.  Is there a problem with the file or is it my mac's problem? I use OSX 10.8.2 btw

I did a bit of search in the forum but didnt find anything useful, except that it may not work well if i ever get it working :( but i still want to try it anyway

Does anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions to make it work?

2/24/2013 12:53:57 PM
t0x
Gravatar
Total Posts 730

Re: MAC version damaged?

http://gewaltig.net/Forums/Thread.aspx?pageid=1&mid=5&ItemID=1&thread=414&pagenumber=2 

maybe this thread can help you ..

The bug seems to be the way that mountain lion unzips zip files.  What I did was fish the cultris 2 zip file from the trash and unzip the file from the terminal using "unzip"... how redundant.  Anyway, I think if you use anything but the built-in mountain lion unzipper, you should be good to go.

2/24/2013 2:55:16 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 35

Hi thanks t0x

I'm kinda a noob to mac or even computers. I dont really know how to use the terminal :/

I tried a different unzipper but got the same damaged file

2/24/2013 4:22:08 PM
t0x
Gravatar
Total Posts 730

hey

ok i guess i cant help you anymore then, as i m a win7 user. maybe one of our mac users can help you though, like blaataap, achille or cfb.

2/24/2013 7:28:07 PM
cfb
Gravatar
Total Posts 222

I have an old OS version (10.6.8), and I don't have this problem. But maybe it has something to do with the new Gatekeeper:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5290
Have you tried to change the settings for "Allow applications downloaded from:" to "Anywhere"?

2/25/2013 8:48:15 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 515
hi

I had the same problem before and im also using 10.8.2. Simon fixed something back then with the zip file which worked for me. When i test the current download it still works for me so you might want to try to use another unzip program. Or if that doesnt work i can send you the file unzipped.

2/25/2013 6:22:06 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 35

"change the settings for "Allow applications downloaded from:" to "Anywhere"?"

This worked! Thank you cfb! and thanks to t0x and blaataap as well!

I can finally play it on my mac now :))

2/25/2013 8:44:55 PM
cfb
Gravatar
Total Posts 222

Nice, I wasn't sure if it would help (and of course you didn't forget to change the settings back for your own protection). :)

The link has a few other hints on how to bypass the gatekeeper, that might work too without changing the settings.

3/17/2013 1:55:00 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 3

3/17/2013 1:57:04 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 3

hey ive been able to unzip the file after using a third party unzip. yet the cultris playing file always says unable to be used because its damaged and tells me to trash it.... any suggestions? 

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services