A. With help from Def, I'm posting this to share the results when trying to run Cultris 2 (C2) on Mac 64 bit (Catalina at this time) since this version does support 32 bit app any more:
B. Some results: We tested these solutions and results (lower number is better performance - closer to native C2 app):
- install windwows on an apple device then install C2 on it
#2 Crossover: (covered in this post)
- run C2 on a windows bottle with Crossover application
3. Virtual machine:
- install VMWare or Parallel -> install windows or Mac os on it -> install and run C2 on that os
C. Intall and run C2 with Crossover and customed bottle (created by Def)
- Download Crossover (14 day trials): https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-mac
- Download the bottle: https://mega.nz/file/BhUhzQZD#Ms_XrnVWLbv0W4kH8PRpOTgRYo3ag1fzuatMlJswcQk
1. Install Crossover
2. From Crossover -> select the icon "+" (in bottom left) -> import bottle -> select the bottle dowloaded above -> restore -> create
3. Then you have 4 version: => Double click to run , or right click -> run
144 Fps blurred No-audio
144 Fps unblurred No-audio
144 Fps blurred with-audio
144 Fps unblurred with-audio
- You can guesst which option included by the files name, jsut 1 note: for the no-audio version -> you may have crash sometime, for bettter experiment -> we should wait a bit when open app to make it run smoother
4. Config the keyboard (optional)
- We tested and select best option for the keyboard (0, 20), but you can try different number for other results and experiments. You can do it via: Crossover -> Regcool -> HKEY_CURENT_USER -> Control Panel -> Keyboard
Wineskin is free and you could ask Paul the Tall to make a script for the Portingkit.
def and i looked into making this run natively on mac, and i've written a (hopefully) simple guide to make this work.
please keep in mind this is very rough around the edges, and that stuff can fail left and right. if such a thing happens, let me know here or on github, or like.. in the c2 discord or something.