Abusive Behaviour in Official 1

11/20/2011 4:30:28 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 18

Abusive Behaviour in Official 1

Hi all

I am posting because of a particular player who is constantly abusive no matter what server he is in. The player in question is HomePC-PC or as he is otherwise known ObadiahJumbalaya. He was in barthezz 120 the day before yesterday and was highly abusive in that server all evening so much so that other players were asking him to leave. Yesterday evening he was playing in Official, the house was full and he was VERY abusive to players in the game. I warned everyone as it was getting out of hand and eventually restarted the server hoping to halt the problem, but alas no, the same players rejoined and the abuse from this guy continued even to the point where he verbally abused the host of the server so i did kick him. The problem i now have is that somehow this player has a dynamic ip and can get back in every time i kick him so i am asking if a range ip ban could be enforced or a permanent ban as he is demoralising all the players and bringing down the game in general. This is very serious and action needs to be taken as he does not heed any warnings from the admin.

11/20/2011 5:47:23 PM
t0x
Gravatar
Total Posts 730

Re: Abusive Behaviour in Official 1

what was the "abusive" thing he was doing?

apart from flaming, obviously?

oh and: its probably a little easier if you send an email to simon directly, first cause some abusers are just looking for attention (which they get when someone makes a thread about them) and second cause a thread here somehow smells like "pillory" ;-)

at least thats what we (older admins) found out so far...

and yeah, that dynamic-ip thingy sucks, what (quite often) helped, is keep on kicking. its just one written line for you, but he always has to restart his router. on the long term its way more effort for him to be able to play. stay persistent :-)

greetings & good luck 

11/20/2011 11:17:18 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 219

I say Range-IP ban his whole country !!!

Range-IP ban everyone but your IP !!!! That way the problem will be solved.

Have fun with Yourself. Be Safe. Download Cultris II.

11/21/2011 8:52:00 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 626

After learning what "pillory" means I can now say that I agree 100% with what t0x said.

People that flame on the chat get their kicks out of the reaction of other people. Just ignore the messages.

11/22/2011 11:01:33 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 219

here is an idea ( for cultris II), introduce a "/mute person" command to mute the person that is flaming, ie block incoming messages from that person. Of course you should forbid exotic characters (that is characters that are hard to reproduce on qwerty or azerty keyboards) in the nicknames and enable "tab auto-complete" for nicknames like in mIRC (and Nullpomino), so  that it would be easy to ignore annoying people.