THE ULTIMATE CULTRIS PLAYER!!!

3/22/2012 8:56:41 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 14
Khao, piyo, mast raho! Khush raho, aabaad raho , yahaan raho ya allahabad raho!

THE ULTIMATE CULTRIS PLAYER!!!

His name is Kraken... You can never defeat him. My mouth was open for half an hour ( at least ) after I saw his game... I think the images would be self-explanatory :D

http://uploading.com/files/mmac9daa/proof%2B-%2B2.png/

and another image:

http://uploading.com/files/b373b175/proof.png/

Tell me what you think of this player... :D ( though I highly suspect something is fishy - macros? hacks? no idea...)

3/22/2012 8:58:41 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 14

Re: THE ULTIMATE CULTRIS PLAYER!!!

Any idea how to post a direct screenshot??? Because to view those proofs you will have to download them ( after waiting for 90 seconds ) ... and I assure you they are virus-proof and malware-proof :D

3/22/2012 10:00:35 AM
t0x
Gravatar
Total Posts 730

lol ask orich about it, its his bot ; )
3/22/2012 12:00:29 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 14

orich????

3/22/2012 12:43:46 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 150
How hard can it be?

I Have footage of us playing against it, ill post it to my channel and put a link back here.

yeah its a bot, he put it on the highest setting and see how long we could last.

3/22/2012 5:27:26 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 14

It's a bot??? Duh.... I thought it was a player using some hack xD

3/22/2012 5:57:07 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 520

LaNivedit, a human can't drop 1500 blocks per minute. Everyone having consistently a bpm above 180 is very suspect. Next time use an imagehoster like Tinypic.

I wonder, how many players are needed to beat it in a Team room. Probably about 10.

Orich had uploaded a video, showing a match against some in C2 integrated bots. I see it is online nearly as fast as offline.

Generally, I have nothing against its usage, as long as it plays as a guest and doesn't join the Cheese Factory & Free For All rooms.

Just, if you wonder, in this case, a bot is a Tetris playing computer program, which

1. analyzes the color of some pixels to get to know the playing field's content
  2. makes a relative smart decision, where to put the next piece
  3. simulates key strokes to move, rotate and drop the piece

BTW this makes Cultris 2 to the theoretical fastest online Tetris game. Though, in practice C2 isn't the fastest, as you only have 1 preview and the auto-shift to the walls take more than 1 frame.

3/22/2012 6:57:26 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 344
The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent

The theory for coding a Cultris bot is easy, since the bot can play that fast. So you don't need a good algorithm to downstack.

The hard things are just technical. You have to read the frame buffer and process the information properly. Thats Orich's method, but it's not the fastest though.

I don't like the presence of any bot since the psycological effects are bad:

1. Players realize that there's at least one bot in Cultris and they will usually spread the message. This could cause a bad reputation for Cultris.

2. These players maybe also think that really good and fast players like t0x, Jes and maserati are bots.

3. Some players will try to code a bot themself, if they get manage it, the problem could become even worse.

3/22/2012 9:26:30 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 219

I suggest to create a clearly marked Hamsterdam room where bots can play. bots would have to identify themself so that people joining this room would know that they are bots.

3/22/2012 9:26:47 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 150
How hard can it be?

Footage und here

Excuse the sound i forgot to record it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hVab6Lkc4

8/14/2012 2:07:02 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 26

Haha I never saw this thread before :-)

Yes Kraken was my bot ... I actually lost the source code to this bot, so unless I became EXTREMELY motivated again, I doubt I'll ever make it again (it was a pain in the ass)