double drops

4/6/2012 7:01:49 PM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 206

double drops

Ok i dont think this issue is actually caused by the game itself, but i do only get it in cultris, and it was both in c1 and in c2. Occasionally when i press drop once it drops two blocks instead of one, which fucks me over hardcore. It has been especially bad lately, and therefor insanely frustrating. I asked a few other people about it, and noone else gets it, so im thinking its something about my computer setup that isnt good for cultris. 

I just wanted to ask you if you have ANY sort of advice for what i can do (like update some driver or some library or whatever), because it sucks ass!

4/6/2012 9:05:56 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 257
“If they ever tell my story let them say I walked with giants (...) let them say I lived in the time of Achilles...”

Re: double drops

Could it be related to your repeat speed settings (9,5) ?

4/6/2012 9:32:06 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 345
The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent

Does just the harddrop behave strange? Or does the movement too?

Occours this problem with EACH harddrop?

When the problem occours, does the whole game stuck? (background movement or other animations in the game stops)

4/6/2012 9:54:41 PM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 206

its kidn of hard to see exactly what happens as it happens for one keypress at a time, sometimes a piece will overslide to some direction as well, like one more spot to one side, could be cause it "double presses" that too. But its really only for that one keypress, and then it takes a while before it happens again. I will try to notice if anythign else freezes, but it really is kind of hard to catch it

4/6/2012 9:55:06 PM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 206

seems it happens more when the server is more crowded though, in case that helps anything

4/6/2012 10:04:41 PM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 206

and im pretty sure its not my speed settings as it also happened before the new release when i used 5/8 instead.

4/6/2012 11:50:18 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 626

It's highly unlikely (never say never) that the problem is related to repeat settings or framerate. You could try changing the keyboard or try to disable drivers, that interfere with the keyboard. Drivers (and basically all applications) that try to provide global shortcuts, things like IntelliPoint, driver software, ....

4/7/2012 1:12:30 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 257
“If they ever tell my story let them say I walked with giants (...) let them say I lived in the time of Achilles...”

Does it happen when you are offline too ?

4/7/2012 1:16:41 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 345
The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent

Could be the mini freezes like i got.

It never happens at harddrop but movement. If it occours, the whole game is freezin for just a moment. in this time, the last pressed key is repeated(if im wrinting in the chat, some chars are repeated too)

I have no clue where does it come from, sometimes it dissappears for a while... Even a whole new windows installation doesn't change anything.

What kind of cpu do you use?

4/7/2012 1:37:39 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 257

When I use delay 4 offline, I never make missdrop, but when I'm online, it's like every block was a soap so I have to use delay 5. Maybe it's the same kind of problem.