how is my style "playing in game" ? *

:D

AND THANKS FOR WATCHING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gvj0bWITQQ&feature=youtu.be

2/26/2013 7:51:46 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 159

Re: My first Video... check it out

First off, you must edit out the footage after your deaths. If you are uploading a video, the center focus should be you and not them, meaning you should include only the best possible footage to keep the viewer entertained. Secondly, the music choice is a bit questionable. Dubstep is fine as a genre, but I believe a softer drum and bass or the official "jungle" music of Cultris 2 would fit the gameplay better, and is more classy. If you must choose dubstep, then try to pick less mainstream songs that are not overplayed. 

Now for the gameplay critique. This is where I will say everything with caution, because I am fairly new to the game myself. You are clearly a high-tier player, but it seems you have yet to master the full flexibility of your pieces. Oftentimes you seem to be expecting a certain piece for too long and fail to adapt immediately. However, your game at 4:34 stood out from the rest before. You start off with fairly stable opening. One problem, at 4:34 you shoudlve placed the J piece two blocks to the right and made the space for the O piece that followed, but all in all it was a good opening. The next noteworthy move comes at 5:01, with the smart J and O placement. You show good adaptation here, a skill that is imperative in C2. You then make a nice I-placement at 5:04 followed by one more at 5:05. Smart moves, which helped you survive longer. But in 5:09 you have a dangerous field with many jags. You chose to place the S-piece into the L shaped hole, but notice how your next piece is a J and there is a J hole in the far left. If you had instead placed the S-piece 1 block to the left and filled in the J, you would have only the two holes in the center to worry about, which would be quickly fixed by the L and I piece that shortly followed. 

All in all, you are indeed a great player, but you must learn to adapt with more flexibility and also utilize every single piece more efficiently. Thank you for the video, it was good gameplay. Just remember to edit them and try to incorporate more fitting music.

4/26/2013 11:46:49 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 39

Wow never had such a constructive critic before! :)

Im glad to hear all of this, sorry for not aswearning in a long time (my computer broke) i am not so good at editing videos, but hey! we have youtube for that, i will learn and thanks for watching.

4/26/2013 11:04:35 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 507

Sorry for the question but why cant i click the link? xD

4/27/2013 12:00:18 AM
cfb
Gravatar
Total Posts 222

Because it was not posted as a link. This is how it to do it:

http://gewaltig.net/Forums/Thread.aspx?thread=435&mid=5&pageid=1&ItemID=5&pagenumber=1#post4892

:)

4/27/2013 11:59:52 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 39

haha mistake loool :D i know im noob to this too xD