CULTRIS II LADDER

8/9/2012 1:07:58 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 219

CULTRIS II LADDER

You think you have what it takes to handle the pressure to play games against the best players in the world ?

Come join the CULTRIS II UNOFFICIAL LADDER !!

Rules are simple :

1) Sign up on the ladder (you have to verify your account, which means, click on the link sent to you on your e-mail, to be able to be part of the ladder)

2) Find an opponent and agree with him that you are going to play a 1vs1 for the ladder. Also agree on the format of the match (how many games you are going to play, in how many sets, etc..) Let him sign up too.

3) the looser of the match goes on the Report page, which serves as login/match report, he can  add comments.

Please be reasonable and fair play, don't try to cheat.

Please don't be offensive in the comments.

Please don't create multiple accounts. I'd rather you ask me here to remove your old account/ change something about it.

Facts :

1) the ranks are ELO based (with k=50). Which means that the amount of points the looser looses depends on the difference of ratings between the two player. If the difference is big (looser has lot higher rating than winner), then he's gonna loose a lot of points. If the difference is not big or at his disadvantage, hes not gonna loose a lot of points.

2) Everyone begins with a rating 1500

Suggestions :

Feel free to suggest ways to make the ladder/site better.  

Changelog   :

12/08/2012 :

•  removed the score reporting, because lots of people did not understand, and it has no effect on the amount of rating the looser will loose. Looser can still report it in the comments.
  •  added an autocomplete feature to the winner username field. The first letters you type open a dorop down box with all the usernames beginning with the letters you typed
  • fixed the page problem in the games history pages.

09/08/2012 :

• updated the table styles to make it more pretty
8/9/2012 2:08:10 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 174

Re: CULTRIS II LADDER

Nice and simple !

Can you add some simple rules on the website?

(no multi accounts, be fair, no rage quit, etc.. ) wink

8/10/2012 10:48:41 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 80

Good, I'm interested in some serious games, :D .

I am signing up, thanks!

Oh wait, just read JT's post.. so there's a link to the website. I thought it'll be done here, LOL. OK, I'm that noob ^^ 

Wait, I signed up but didn't receive the confirmation mail :\ 

8/10/2012 1:15:31 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 219

thats weird, doesnt look like you made a mistake in the email. Maybe in your spam folder?

Anyway I activated your account manually, you can report now.

8/11/2012 11:26:55 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 257
“If they ever tell my story let them say I walked with giants (...) let them say I lived in the time of Achilles...”

That's simply great !

I'll be there after my holidays !

8/12/2012 7:55:20 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 80

What's the rules btw?

How many points to win a set and how many sets? Like the earlier tournament? First to 11, best of 3 sets?

8/12/2012 5:00:44 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 219

There is no rule as for the number of games to play, you just have to agree with your opponent on the format of the game, before the game begins.

You can also make a match in best of 3 sets if you want, and if your opponent agrees.

I specified more clearly in Original Post.

8/12/2012 11:21:08 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 219

I removed the score reporting because noone was using it right and it was useless.

8/13/2012 9:48:15 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 219

it seems the netai.net domain is blocked by the ISP "Comcast", which would explain why some american users cannot access to the website without a proxy.

See here

Anyone knows a cheap webhost that supports php and mysql ?

8/13/2012 10:32:35 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 45

Oliv, I just lost a match and I can't seem to remember my password :/

Is there any password recover method?

Sorry for the inconvenience... :P

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services