Increasing Cultris II performance

1/24/2013 10:35:41 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 344
The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent

Increasing Cultris II performance

Check this out:

http://youtu.be/Ogx56b9oHIk

The first two options working for Windows 7 and Vista only since most things are a bit differently in Windows 8. If you are interested in this, just post it here or in Youtube comments.

In Windows XP, theres no Aero Desktop and changing core affinity works slightly different since the "start" command doesn't have the /affinity option.

Another option to increase performance is to disable "shwooshes" in the video options of the game.

Increasing the performance of the operating system or the computer is not part of this guide for now.

If you have further questions, ask here.

1/24/2013 10:54:16 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 56

Re: Increasing Cultris II performance

Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!

We would be good we set up a list of basic services that start with the windows. To not start unnecessary services. Illustrative

image below!

Congratulations Noir by topic !!!

1/24/2013 11:15:15 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 344

Tanks for your feedback.

Yeah there are many options to reduce the overhead of the operating system but this is not Cultris specific. There are many tutorials available which address this topic. Just search the web for it.

My hint: Don't use any "speedup" tools. Almost all of them are pointless or even malicious.

1/24/2013 2:31:38 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 174

thx noir, i didnt know that now im faster cool

1/24/2013 5:39:14 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 348
cuz my hips don't lie

My god javi this is even better than having to use hard butter to put on your bread and it rips all apart and someone comes in with nice soft butter. This is amazing thansk so much :)

1/24/2013 7:09:18 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 516

I just can recommend trying out to disable Aero Desktop. Before I knew it, C2 ran slower in Win 7 than Win XP. Meanwhile, it's the other way around.

I tried to use one processor only in Win XP, but it didn't feel better. Anyway, if you want to start C2 with 1 processor per default, you have to do this:

1. Create a new text file and open it with Notepad.
  2. Write the following lines into it:
    @echo off
    psexec -d -a 0 "Cultris II.exe"
  3. Save it under the name c2.bat in your Cultris folder.
  4. Let the C2 desktop or startmenu link point towards c2.bat instead of Cultris II.exe (see Noir's video).
  5. You might need psexec.exe. Download it from here and place it in your C2 folder.
1/25/2013 1:54:13 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 344

My god javi this is even better than having to use hard butter to put on your bread and it rips all apart and someone comes in with nice soft butter. This is amazing thansk so much :)

1/25/2013 4:14:43 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 348
cuz my hips don't lie

well I obviously meant noir, but no serious the game is so smooth now :)

1/31/2013 12:44:33 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 22

I found that the biggest impact on Cultris II performance in Win7 is Aero. High end computer doesn't matter...

To disable all graphichal effects:
Start > find "Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows" > and select "Adjust for best performance".

It's giving me the best results... but I'll try this tweak as well.

3/16/2013 4:22:41 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 348
cuz my hips don't lie

Since there is a new version, do I have to redo the things done in your video.

When i launch C2 my windows theme does change, or whatever you call it's layout thingy.

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services