Teams in cheese mode

2/26/2013 12:27:21 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 102

Teams in cheese mode

So...
Lately have I and some other people played teams in cheese mode, and thought about some changes which could make it funnier:
- Everyone in the same team has to clear their fields to win

- The room-maker should be able to set a time-limit, and the team with most eaten will be winners

- If no changes at all, it should still say winner for everyone in the team, it doesn't now.

Teams in cheese mode is practically like regular Swiss Cheese Mode atm.

What do you think guys?

2/26/2013 12:39:35 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 18
Hidey ho. 👺

Re: Teams in cheese mode

I WILL SIGN THIS PETITION!

It will make the mode much better to play - at the moment it's pretty dead, it's basically just cheese mode - I don't understand why there is even a team cheese if it only takes one person on your team to win. I agree that everyone on a team should have cleared all the cheese in order to call it a win.

~XOXO M.

2/26/2013 12:54:01 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 348
cuz my hips don't lie

totally agree

2/26/2013 8:20:34 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 516

You could also rank the teams by the average finishing time of their players. If a player doesn't finish in time, add some penalty seconds according to the not eaten lines. This wouldn't be as spectator friendly as the system leilickan mentioned, but more just. Anyway, if you've to wait for the last player to finish, you have to use a time limit smaller than a minute.

2/26/2013 1:36:39 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 257
“If they ever tell my story let them say I walked with giants (...) let them say I lived in the time of Achilles...”

CHEESE FTW

2/26/2013 4:17:10 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 142

Totaly agree !!

2/27/2013 12:37:46 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 348
cuz my hips don't lie

*cough cough*

2/27/2013 8:07:07 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 79

While we're throwing ideas out there...

• The game ends when at least one player from all teams finish. For example, three players from team A could finish, but the game doesn't end until the first finisher from team B finishes as well. There's a 30 second timer after the first player finishes until the "end no matter what" condition.
  • If a player from team A finishes, and no other player finishes within 30 seconds, team A automatically wins.
  • If none of team A tops out and the whole team finishes before anyone from team B, the game ends and team A automatically wins.
  • Otherwise, calculate the average cheese eaten per team member. Whichever team has the highest number wins. (Effort should be made so that the number of players per team stays relatively even.)
  • In case of a draw, the team with the first player who finished wins.
  • In case of a double draw, calculate the average tetrominoes used per cheese eaten. Whichever team with the lowest number wins. 
  • In case of a triple draw, no points are awarded to any team. All team members are awarded the "triple draw" achievement.
  • Otherwise, award one point to each member of the winning team.
2/27/2013 8:56:13 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 80

My idea is that the cheese should be always 4 (or 5..?) rows high. Whenever a row is cleared, a new row of cheese should come from the bottom (like garbage lines). The winner is the first team which clears a certain amount of cheese.

2/27/2013 9:09:13 PM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 210

I'm not a big fan of the idea as it is right now, mostly just because i do not see the point of playing a team in a game where there is no interaction. In a normal team game, each team members effort matters for the rest of the team throughout the game, sending a lot of lines will mean the rest gets less, dying early will make the rest of the team having to react and play really well. In a team cheese its pretty much just averaging a lot of peoples scores, so basically you might as well just play single player - It is the same game and the same considerations you have to make. Unless someone finds a solution to that, i have a really hard time seeing the point of it being in teams.

Secondly i just dont think enough people play teams for it to make sense to have a second cheese mode. I know its more popular now than it has been, but still. Most of the time the cheese room is empty, if there was another cheese mode(which some wouldnt like), it would just split the few players of cheese between those modes, meaning either would be played extremely little. 

Point is. I think Simons time could be spent better elsewhere

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services