Some suggestions

4/9/2013 1:11:35 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 52

Some suggestions

Hi all,

I have a couple of suggestions. Forgive me if these have already been mentioned before.

• Country names next to flags.
  • Team chat, similar to tetrinet2 where you could type /t msg and it would only broadcast to your team.
  • Ability to see room messages while playing. IIRC, this was present in the early versions of C2.
  • Private messaging.
  • View other players attempts at a challenge in real time (if they allow it).
  • More stats, like in C1. Average combo, average #combo etc. A histogram or a probability distribution of a player's combos.

That's all I could think up for now. Thanks.

4/9/2013 1:49:20 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 174

Re: Some suggestions

I think there are some suggestions in the current TODO list

• STATS

maybe something like that

smiley

or with a tab "Stats" with the current game played and an other tab "Stats 2" with global stats since the player is connected

• CHAT

i agree with the private msg.. but for teamplay.. actualy there are no strategy at all in cultris 2 for teamplay so... why ?

• ROOM MESSAGE in game

yes and no.... in the early version of C2 it was... too disturbing.. maybe allow the player to switch on / off the chat in game

(imagine a tourney 1v1, with spectators commenting the game..)

PS : a new section for the forum called "suggestions" .. even if there are a big big todo list (right simon ?)

edit : for the chat a command /me (like IRC command) is cool and fun

4/9/2013 2:26:15 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 88

in the lobby section, the players' name should be more categorized, like in alphabetical order or something like that, and a "search for players" function would be great.

4/9/2013 2:42:31 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 174

in the lobby section, the players' name should be more categorized, like in alphabetical order or something like that, and a "search for players" function would be great.

a search players on the website i suppose (in the hidden highscore ranking url) ?

and in the game actualy names are categorized by last login, maybe a filter list with "ranking" "name" "last login" "country" should be appropriate ?

(around 10 - 40 players on the server, its not 10k players)

thx for the contribute iljain ;)

4/9/2013 2:44:30 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 17

It would be nice to have some commands like

/list to list all open rooms

/whois <nick>/<channel> to get info where the person or who is in the channel you are intressted in?

/msg <nick> to send private message

In gameroomchat instead of "A new round starts" it would be cooler if it just said who won the last game (could ofcourse have both). So if someone wins a lot of games in a row you will see that in the chat. Also it will be easy to keep track if someone wins a lot of games in a row.

4/9/2013 5:15:07 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 348
cuz my hips don't lie

Being able to see from a room, who are online. As you now only are able to see the lobby chat not the people online as you could when "hanging in lobby".

@acidboy

/whois <nick>/<channel>
When right clicking someone's name name in lobby you see where they are playing e.g. ; "Playing in free for all" it would say 

4/9/2013 9:58:00 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 344
The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent

1. Country names next to flags.
  2. Team chat, similar to tetrinet2 where you could type /t msg and it would only broadcast to your team.
  3. Ability to see room messages while playing. IIRC, this was present in the early versions of C2.
  4. Private messaging.
  5. View other players attempts at a challenge in real time (if they allow it).
  6. More stats, like in C1. Average combo, average #combo etc. A histogram or a probability distribution of a player's combos.

1. Nice little tweak. Problem is that some country are names a bit long so there could be a layout space problem.
I suggest the country codes according to ISO 3166-1 alpha-3. Here's a possible design:

Here with another flag:

2. Is this really needed? Can you give some examples where a team chat would be realy useful? I don't think that this will increase user experience much.

3. As JT pointed out, it's hard to show the messages in a not annoying way.
The best solution I can imagine is, to make the chat tab moveable so that you could move it to the other half of the screen:

When the button is pressed, the tab moves:

In this case, the >chat< button would switch between chat and opponents tab.

4. See team chat.

5. Would be nice! The watch function could be added to the context menu.

6. Yeah thumbs up! Another interesting stat would be keys per block.
 This advanced stats could be hidden by default but if you press a key like >tab< or a little button at the headline of the stat table, the stat display toggles.

@iljain: Alphabetical order of the player list is a nice idea. Moderators and admins could stay at the top of the list.

@JT: Thumbs up for the /me command =)

4/12/2013 12:47:06 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 626

A lot of suggestions. I made some additions to the next release:

• /me message support
  • Winner of last round announced in chat
  • Added ISO country codes (only 2 char though)

Some other comments

• Addressing players in chat commands is annoying to implement, since spaces are valid parts of a username.
  • Not that interested in more stats. But perhaps I'll make an API someday to let someone else fill the void.
  • I thought about letting people watch others playing challenges. Currently it'd mean a lot of work, but it's on my list.

Cheers,
Simon

4/12/2013 8:33:32 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 512
hi

Yes, please make a API!!!

I can use my newly learned C# .net skills then lol

4/12/2013 1:10:45 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 219

there are two different stats, the ingame stats and the website stats.

Ingame, I'd like to see stats that allow me to measure my immediate performance that is :

- TPM, APM, blocking percentage. yes percentage  as it was before, and not total blocked/total received, as it is impossible to get any indication of performance from that information.

- add a points per games stat, in order for players to compare their performance with others, because right now you cannot know if a player has more points because he was there longer or because hes better than you.

As for the website stats, it will be used to measure the performance on long-term

- yes an API would be useful

- i would like to be able to see the stats for the current day, current week, current month, current year, all time

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services