I got an idea, i am making a group called "color moods"

Here is the rules:

All your pieces most be white

But there is one rule more.

The colors of mood:

Your stick should have a different color depending on the mood you are on:

Learning new stuf: Golden stick

Like that with all colors.

I have only thought about what three colors should be, join the group and help getting some ideas for the colors remaining! :)

The three already take colors:

Red: Playing serious at max level/ try hard

Green: Chilling/ just for fun

Golden: Trying new tactics

Remaining colors

Blue

Sky blue

Yellow

Purple

To join send an email to me

aaron97x3@gmail.com

or send a reply here in comunity :)

5/12/2013 2:18:17 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 219

Re: Color of moods

holdnext is back

5/12/2013 12:21:02 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 39

who is holdnext? 

5/12/2013 9:44:58 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 516

5/12/2013 9:52:14 PM
t0x
Gravatar
Total Posts 730

this topic made me think about some really old discussion we ve had since the beginning of c2.

do colours affect the gameplay?

imho, it does. i dont always look up the next piece, instead (at least i think so) my brain just recognizes the colour of the next piece. it seems easier to recognize the colour instead of a whole tetrominoe.

so i will definitly never try to make my whole field one colour instead of one tetrominoe ;-)

5/13/2013 3:41:44 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 21

I always use the ghost piece outline when speed dropping, not the color of the piece in the preview.  Although, when I tried going back to default colors, I noticed I went considerably slower.  If I had to guess the reason why, maybe it was due to the color overload in my field (I've been playing with Red and White forever).  I think for me, less colors =  last distraction.

5/13/2013 7:12:16 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 44
Capitan Mexico

I would always make my L and J different color so i didnt get confused, reason wwhy the lowest number of colors is 2 color, where you still take advantage of the color recognition. But something changed since one day where i was doing combos with jt. He changed all my way of thinking lol. If yoy think of all the possible places to put any of the randomly 7 block before you actually get to see the block, you become faster. Now, to become more effective you only need to be a fast thinker and place the block wherr it is smartest to do, place it so that it make it easier to place, at least 4 of the 7 randomly upcomming blocks. And all this regardless of wetther you jave colors or not. And of the ghosst is very helpful while atacking and pre judging
5/13/2013 11:56:02 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 348
cuz my hips don't lie

I think it's up to the person I have been playing with 2 colours now for almost a year and I have switched my 2 colours up in that time never did it take me more than one game to get used to it. Also with one colour I can still play very well, but do mix up Z and S pieces sometimes. I think the only pieces that should have a different colour from each other are Z and S and L and J.

5/13/2013 11:50:27 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 219

What ? the ghost piece won't help you see what the next piece is, it only gives information on the current piece. I think i'm used to the colors like tox but i think i could get used using one color, you can always see clearly enough at that "next piece" spot, to recognize the piece, with little training. brain just goes with easiest and color recognizing is the easiest.

5/14/2013 9:52:13 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 44
Capitan Mexico

The harder, the more fun

-Azteca

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services