Ban help?

This thread is closed to new posts. You must sign in to post in the forums.
7/22/2013 6:39:20 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 5

Ban help?

So I was playing with some friends under the guest name Literary_Hitler when I got a message saying to change my name. I changed it to asdf, but a few minutes later got banned. Any help in getting it lifted? I did nothing but have a midly offensive name (there was someone in the same room names notapedo so this ban is stupid anyways, also the entire room was populated with my friends so I don't see how a ban makes sense.) Thanks for any help!

7/22/2013 7:53:54 PM
t0x
Gravatar
Total Posts 730

Re: Ban help?

after sending the warning to you, you rejoined 3 times again as "literary_hitler", not as "asdf".

you got a weekban, so either you have to wait 1 week or maybe if developer simon gets on here he can lift your ban earlier. 

it might seem pretty strict, but we do not tolerate such names here. dont forget that its a world-wide game. 

~t0x

7/22/2013 7:59:56 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 5

1. the rejoined name was Literary_Hilter, not Hitler, as a friend's joke.

2. I understand this is a world wide thing but this was literally just a room with me and like 6 friends on.

3. Are you guys selective about offensive names because NotaPedo and n-word were in the same server and he was not warned.

7/22/2013 8:00:12 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 5

Also I rejoined once not 3 times

7/22/2013 9:05:06 PM
t0x
Gravatar
Total Posts 730

well the rejoined name obviously was a provocation, i dont feel the ban wasnt justified.

if you want to have such names when playing with friends, write "hilter" on a piece of paper and stick it on your forehead or whatever. but in an online game you HAVE TO expect to get banned with such names. just cause this is tetris doesnt mean that we dont have a netiquette.

"n-word" and "notapedo" werent as obvious as "hitler". 

n-word could mean anything. we banned lots of ppl who joined with names like "n*gger" and such though.

we dont have exact rules in who to ban, and what names to ban. the warning/kicking/banning is left in the moderators discretion. 

greetings

7/22/2013 9:11:36 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 5

I still don't think the ban was justified but for the sake of being able to play I'll digress.

Is it possible to restore my online priviliges? I'm currently attending a summer course that will be ending this friday, and we just began to have large tetris games with Cultris. It would suck to not be able to play due to this ban. I won't use any provocative names, I didn't know the admins were so selectively sensitive.

I'm sorry the rejoined name seemed to be a provocation, it was just because I thought the warning was dumb and wanted to keep some semblance of the name but didn't want to get booted. 

7/22/2013 9:20:08 PM
t0x
Gravatar
Total Posts 730

we always welcome new players on cultris, and i m sorry that this experience had such a bad taste so far. you can not know how many ppl we banned in the last few months cause of offensive names, thats why we sometimes ban "seemingly strict". at first we just warned & kicked players, but most of them didnt seem to get it. thats why we started to warn & ban immidiatly, it just showed a better "learning curve".

anyway:

sadly only the developer can unban, sometimes it takes a few days till he sees the thread.

i sent him a mail though, not sure how long it takes.

greetings

7/22/2013 9:46:31 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 5

Fair enough, please let me know when I'm unbanned. I really enjoyed Cultris and want to be able to play with my friends before we all go our separate ways. Thanks!

7/22/2013 9:49:37 PM
t0x
Gravatar
Total Posts 730

i will send you an email to your account-address. 

7/23/2013 1:38:23 PM
t0x
Gravatar
Total Posts 730

ban is lifted, mail is sent, hf!

You must sign in to post in the forums. This thread is closed to new posts.
Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services