tetris deja vu.

7/30/2013 1:26:33 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 348
cuz my hips don't lie

tetris deja vu.

I've been getting this deja vu feeling when playing tetris; mainly when downstacking my garbage. I've read some articles about it today and I have this question now. 

Could it be that instead of getting a deja vu, I actually have seen the exact piece pattern and garbage line pattern before( say last 3-4 pieces). I'm wondering if this only happens to me or if other players get it aswell and if it's likely to have a piece pattern repeat with according garbage in about 40k games ( playing jean luc piccard and steven seagal is counted in aswell)

Just asking if anyone has ever had this before.

7/30/2013 7:30:14 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 174

Re: tetris deja vu.

this "deja vu" feeling , is a phenomenon already proved by scientific.

its a micro "lack" in your brain, during a really short short period:

wiki : The psychologist Edward B. Titchener in his book 1928 A Textbook of Psychology, explained déjà vu as caused by a person having a brief glimpse of an object or situation, before the brain has completed "constructing" a full conscious perception of the experience. Such a "partial perception" then results in a false sense of familiarity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu

7/30/2013 8:59:48 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 515
hi

Im not necessary experiencing Deja Vu's but im pretty sure i remember patterns/colors. For example I always use the Blue reverted L piece for left side en the pink L piece for the right side. This is just 1 example but this results in situations ive been in before so i know what to do. Tricky thing of it is that you get so used to it its hard to learn other stuff(that might be better). 

7/30/2013 9:00:11 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 516

It's unlikely that you remember a specific downstack pattern. There are roughly 200 common piece combinations consisting of 3 pieces. There are 1000 possible combinations for 3 garbage lines and each combination has the same chance to appear. Combining those numbers, you get 200,000 situations, which you can't remember. 

The only Cultris 2 situation where I get a déjà vu experience is the beginning of each round :)

However, there are frequent occurring situations in guideline style (bag randomizer, hold) and this is a bad thing :(

7/30/2013 2:53:10 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 348
cuz my hips don't lie

ahh yea, i was just wondering wether it could happen to have see the same patterns multiple times and have this happen multiple times or if it was just a deja vu. But yea it probably will be a everyday deja vu :(

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services