Frame Limit

11/12/2013 12:01:53 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 2

Frame Limit

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has been requested before but I did search for this and nothing regarding imposing a frame limit has been brought up. Can there be a frame limit of 60 fps? Why does Cultris II run at 120 fps anyway? I'm pretty sure most of our monitors refresh at 60 hz, so wouldn't 60 fps be optimal? Being on a laptop, Cultris II produces a lot of heat, which can be a little uncomfortable at times.

I just read that being at 120 fps, the computer will be more responsive but only around a 5 ms difference, which isn't that important to me until I get to 180 bpm (still 100 -110 here).

I would really appreciate this option but if the devs don't agree, then I won't hold a grudge against them either since they probably have more important things to worry about.

11/12/2013 4:38:34 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 344
The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent

Re: Frame Limit

Thats right, reducing the framerate would result in laggy controls since the user input polling is coupled with the framerate. This is the opposide of what the developer wants to archive. I don't think that this option would be worth the effort.

11/13/2013 11:14:02 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 2

Do you know how I can limit my fps using third party software then? I did a google search on it, didn't find anything helpful. Even if I force vsync through Nvidia's control panel, it still runs at 120 fps. I'm assuming D3D overrider also will not work.

11/16/2013 9:16:59 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 626

Hi totally legit panda

Cultris II already limits the framerate to 60 FPS, only the input is processed at 120 FPS.

Cheers,
Simon

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services