Play online crash/hang issues

11/30/2013 4:22:31 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 3

Play online crash/hang issues

Hi there,

I haven't been able to play Cultris II online for quite some time now, I've been able to play it with my current hardware/connection setup earlier so it might be a problem with a patch.

Cultris works wonders offline, no problems at all but when I try to play online the client hangs up. I can press Play Online and reach the login. I enter my email and password, doesn't matter if I choose to play as guest or not, when I continue the little spinning wheel and "Connecting" shows. After a very short while, 0.5 sec or so the client hangs up - this happens every time and I have to kill the process.

If I wait for a few minutes I get a message saying I can't connect and it might be something wrong with the connection or something like it, anyone got any ideas how to fix it?

I've tried reinstalling Cultris to no effect, the problem might lie in my connection. I'm tethering my Xperia Arc's internet connection to my computer, no other program or game has any issues but can this be some sort of firewall settings on my Arc and if it is, does anyone have any clue how I can change anything in that firewall?

Best Regards, PingstaH.

11/30/2013 5:26:15 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 3

Re: Play online crash/hang issues

Edit, same error in the browser aswell but alot shorter time before the error Lost connection to Gewaltig.net shows.

11/30/2013 5:32:12 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 3

Cultris 1 works online if it helps :-)

12/9/2013 8:33:26 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 344
The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent

I've been able to play it with my current hardware/connection setup earlier so it might be a problem with a patch.

Tell me more!

I'm tethering my Xperia Arc's internet connection to my computer [..] can this be some sort of firewall settings [..]

There could be several problems with your network provider. Some providers forbid tethering in the terms and conditions of a particular service or in general. Accordingly some providers do deep packet inspection to enforce the rules and restrictions like no tethering or no VOIP. Because Cultris II is using non standart ports and encrypts the communication, there could be a chance that your prover filters some or all communication of Cultris II.

Android doesn't have a firewall like a PC OS - it has permissions for all activities of the apps. Since the tethering function is a OS function, there should be no problems with that.

What about the firewall or anti virus solution of your pc?

Could you test Cultris II with another connection? (Free WiFi should be everywhere these days)

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services