ICL Season 2

1/2/2014 5:46:38 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 150
How hard can it be?

ICL Season 2

Hello Everyone

Martin messaged me on Hard Drop asking about a Season 2 of the ICL

For those might be new and don't know, ICL (International Cultris League) was an attempt at a consistent championship for Cultris. The format was as follows

Open Bracket: Open to anyone, Double Elimination, 1 set of first to 11. The open bracket would have 8 qualifying spots to move onto the Group Stage

Group Stage: 16 Players consisting of the 8 players from the open Bracket and the 8 Players who received an automatic qualification from the previous tournament. Divided into 4 groups , Best of 3 sets to 11 with the top 2 advancing onto the Championship Final

Championship Final: Single Elimination Best of 3's. nuff said ;)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

So onto why I am making this thread, I'm here to ask 

1. Would you like to see a 2nd Season of the ICL

‚Äčif yes

2. What was f***ing horse s*** about the first one to fix?

excuse the profanity but there was a lot of things i felt went really badly.

• No Deadline on the Open Bracket meant it dragged on for too long. I was quite bad at policing people into finishing the Open Bracket meaning it went on for longer than intended and as such frustrated a lot of people. So to fix the problem Deadlines will be set for each stage of the round. and I'll have someone who is much better at bossing people around (leilickan is good at that :p)
  • Not Consistency with the Streams to Hardrop. Extruder, Virulent and VIP were great streamers last time around, however the matches were at all different times. Some had different audio, video qualities and overlays. There wasn't any Consistency across the board. Martin suggested cutting out streams of the open bracket and just focus on the Group Stages & Championship and I definitely agree.

There are also a couple of things I wish to tweak and add that may or may not occur depending on time constraints.

• Slight Change to the Group Stage so its clear who advances. Last time we ran it as a standard Round Robin where each player in the group took on every other player, with any ties being settled on sets won, points won etc. It worked okay but I think it would be better to move to the System that is used in the Starcraft 2 scene that goes as follows which is a double elimination. Heres an Example of how it would play out
    Round 1: Player 1 vs Player 2 - Player 1 Wins
    Round 2: Player 3 vs Player 4 - Player 4 Wins
    Winners: Player 1 vs Player 4 - Player 1 Wins and Advances
    Losers : Player 2 vs Player 3 - Player 2 Wins, Player 3 is K.O
    Decider: Player 2 vs Player 4 - Player 2 Wins and Advances, Player 4 is K.O

• Best of 5's and/or 7's for the Championship Bracket. Finals should be special and since its Single Elimination it makes sense to make the series longer to 5 and for the Grand Final, a Bo7

• Record News Update Videos and Other Content. This is my e-sports brain talking, but instead of the ICL being "A Tournament" a really want it to be "A Show" instead. What I mean by that is having Update Videos on how the Brackets are going, A discussion panel after the games by community experts, Interviews with the players etc. That Stuff is the direction I want to head with the ICL. For people that watch games on Twitch of League of Legends, Dota 2 or Starcraft 2, I'd like for Cultris to try and replicate something like that. But in the words of Jeremy Clarkson "Ambitious but Rubbish"

_______________________________________________________________________________________

As I said earlier let me know as a general audience that this is something you are interested in and let me know on what the problems are so I can go through them and fix the ones that will be a deal breaker.

One thing I really really really want to avoid is doing this by myself again if we decide to go at this again, it limits what I can do unfortunately.

Anywho cheers guys and see you online

Krisna "kastle09" Siv

1/2/2014 10:50:37 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 512
hi

Re: ICL Season 2

im interested! 

1/3/2014 12:14:23 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 64

may join that...plsss

1/3/2014 8:34:08 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 142

I am interrested

1/3/2014 11:43:14 PM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 209

I am definitely interested too. 

As for critique on the last one, my only problem was the time it took. In the end i simply just didnt care, even played my last round sick, just because i just wanted it overwith. Apart from that, i found it well arranged and everything, but it really needs to go at least a bit faster to keep the hype up. 

1/4/2014 9:12:27 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 30

I'm interested too

1/4/2014 9:49:43 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 48

I'm interested.

About the streaming: I use OBS, while VIP and Virulent use XSplit.

These programs give different quality output.

1/4/2014 3:47:13 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 7

I'll play.

1/4/2014 4:46:47 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 93

I guess i'll play, im good att bossing around or what you said. So guess ill help you with that again :c

1/8/2014 11:28:03 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 2

i'm in

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services