Guest accounts

1/11/2014 12:43:52 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 3

Guest accounts

Hey all,

Lately the free for all room is occupied by many guests. sometimes even up to 80%. This really spoils the fun with the ranking system.

I was thinking, maybe there should be a a limit in the free for all room where only players with an account can play. So they still can play in the other rooms. It will also stimulate ppl who like the game the make an account. I mean its not that much work. The competition in the ranking list would get an enormous boost as well!

Maybe this is a good idea?

greetings, Hawk

1/11/2014 1:10:03 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 3

Re: Guest accounts

I see a simular topic like this has been posted a while ago. 

I didnt see that. But it would be good to have this discussion again since the number of guest has increased beyond any comprehension. ( I know im good at exageration) but still i think its worth discussing again. 

gr Stephan

1/13/2014 3:54:02 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 52

I think more incentives to register would help, and would do so without limiting functionality for guests.

Incentives could be private messaging, having replays watchable from some URL, more priority when the server is loaded... stuff like that. :)

1/13/2014 11:12:51 PM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 209

I agree with Morph on this one. There are a lot of really good Koreans around right now because of hangame shutting down, these definitely wont find much fun in other rooms as this is mostly slower rooms. Kind of think its cool to let them try it and hope they make an account sometime soon.

I do, however, agree that it stinks that a lot of registered users spend a lot of time playing on guest accounts :/, i dont really know what to do about that though.

1/13/2014 11:29:27 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 64

i agree with you.......but if they dont have an account so they can join only some room but except for free for all :D

1/14/2014 2:14:17 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 150
How hard can it be?

I don't know about banning guest from the FFA, its kind of the bread and butter of cultris.

I can see valid opinions for both sides however.

1/14/2014 3:52:16 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 344
The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent

Here's Simons part from the last discussion about this problem:

Wow, long thread. Here are some random facts:

1. Guests will always be allowed in FFA. We can't live without newbies! Newbies are very important! Just as important as the vocal pros on this forum. Cultris should be way more forthcoming to newbies and banning them from FFA is exactly the opposite thing.
  2. I don't get the problem with the current system. Sure guests influence the game - but they'd influence the game too, even if they had an account. They also influence all registered players in the same way, so it's fair game.
  3. Playing against guests doesn't influence rankings.
  4. Ranking of the FFA room makes sense IMHO. But I'm open to the idea of changing that.
  5. Registered-user-only rooms are possible, but I don't quite see why we need those.
  6. Popups are annoying, I don't want to add more of those for guests.
  7. Forcing people to make accounts is stupid.

Being a (benevolent?) dictator is a cool thing.

Cheers,
Simon

I have similar thought like Morpling, actually I have tons of ideas. But all of this requires time and efford to develop. Time that Simon doesn't have (or take).

Suggesting stuff is easy... But thats all what this community is doing.

1/14/2014 8:43:20 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 49

we don't need to ban guests from FFA. but imo the FFA room should be special.
means, that only registred users can do/see/view everything and guests don't. like morph said.... "limiting functionality for guests".
just an idea...

by the way...is it possible to change server names? its annoying sometimes, when there are like 15 server and i am looking for the FFA room.
the official server should always be on top.

01 FFA
02 CHEESE
03 ROOKIE PLAYGROUND

04 Player 1's Room
05 Player 2's Room

1/14/2014 11:09:14 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 344
The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent

the official server should always be on top.

That's already the case. (At least ingame)

Maybe you have an outdated client?

1/14/2014 11:37:03 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 64

just dont banned...just dont able to chat and dont able to see a rank plss....thats my suggest plsss granted my wish xd

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services