Cultris I website will disappear...

4/7/2014 4:06:03 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 626

Cultris I website will disappear...

Hey oldtimers

Sadly dyn.com will stop their free service that we used for Cultris I. If anyone still cares about Cultris I and wants to cover the 20$/year bill we'll keep Cultris I running. Otherwise the old cultris.ath.cx website, highscores and the server list will disappear. LAN games are unaffected. Entering server IP addresses directly will also still work. If nobody can be found to cover the $20 the website will shut down in a month.

Cultris II is unaffected by all of this.

Cheerio!

4/7/2014 9:12:09 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 49

Re: Cultris I website will disappear...

RIP CI :(
4/16/2014 12:12:16 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 66
Nerd Royal!

Is there any way that I could get the source code of Cultris I so I could at least save the server list?

4/21/2014 11:02:50 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 626

The server list is not in the code. The game just calls a webservice via cultris.ath.cx and since that won't work any longer it won't be able to locate servers. If you run a server you can still share the server IP with your Cultris I-playing friends and it should all work.

5/9/2014 9:24:29 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 6

Hi.

Sorry für die deutsche Antwort, aber wenn ich auf Englisch schreiben muss, bin ich immer ne halbe Ewigkeit drüber...

Hatte viel Stress in letzter Zeit und hab's irgendwie verpennt auch ab und zu mal hier rein zu schauen, sonst hätte ich mich schon eher dazu gemeldet, steht ja schon ne Weile da. :(

Hätte einen vServer bei Host-Europe mit Ubuntu 8.04, root, eigenen DNS, ggf. könnte ich auch jederzeit weitere Dienste installieren. Kann ich hierfür etwas zur Verfügung stellen, um C1, wie bekannt, am Leben zu erhalten?

MfG
Misterix

Edit (Google Translator with some corrections):

Hi.

Sorry for the German response, but if I have to write in English, I'm always half an eternity about it ...

Had a lot of stress lately and've somehow slept through from time to time here to look in, otherwise I would have been likely to be reported to me, is already a while there. : (

Had a VPS host at Host-Europe with Ubuntu 8.04, root, own DNS, if necessary, I could install additional services at any time. Can I put some of this available to obtain C1 alive as known?

MfG
Misterix

5/9/2014 9:44:49 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 2

Would it be asking too much to get this in English. 

5/10/2014 12:09:42 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 2

Thanks for the English reply. Is someone hosting Cultris one now? My screen name is JUST TRY IT have you and I played in the past?

5/10/2014 8:01:50 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 507

Gewaltig.net frontpage says:

A big shoutout to Mihara-san for saving Cultris I! Thanks to his generous donation this website and the network services will live on for at least another year. Thank you 三原さん。

Ichiro Mihara is the guy behind the Japanese Arcade Game Tetris The Grand Master (TGM). He doesn't speak English and I doubt he has ever really played Cultris 1.

5/10/2015 7:37:34 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 507

It's been one year since the last post. Meanwhile, website and server list are gone (entering server IP addresses should still work though).

It's time for singleplayer Cultris 1, I suppose.