Autodrops

5/5/2014 6:58:21 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 49

Autodrops

Sometimes, I get two drops when I tap once. This does not happen to me in other games (Nullpomino, TOP, Tetrisfriends, tetris battle)

I was going past 2 minutes on survivor, I was in total immersion, then 2 double drops interfere. 1 is ok-ish, but two, omg.

How can I play without autodrops?

My DAS is 4.5 to infinity

The speed is good for me, so I do not want to change my settings. I've tried tweaking it, and so far, this is the best combination.

5/5/2014 11:06:31 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 60

Re: Autodrops

I also use 4.5/infinity, but I haven't gotten double drops. I'm not sure what causes it, but there might be something you can do without changing your C2 settings.

5/6/2014 1:48:18 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 35
SHE WORE, SHE WORE, SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON

Don't think I've ever experienced that.

The closest thing I can think of is when sometimes I'm near the top, the block touches the stack and gets instantly locked before I press hard drop, causing a misdrop for the next piece. No lock delay at all is pretty much the thing that annoys me the most on C2..

5/6/2014 11:33:09 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 52

I've had this a few times. I'm not sure whether it's my keyboard or the game.

5/6/2014 3:06:38 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 23

I used to get it when I first started playing on a mechanical keyboard. The problem was probably my thumb accidently pressing the key twice (which happens very easily on Cherry MX red switches), it went away when I started using a wrist support which made my thumb put less weight on my key. It's possible this doesn't happen in other games because cultris registers keypresses with an extremely short interval, while other games seem to filter those out (I think VIP told me that once, but it could be wrong).

It's probably worth browsing the mystery drops thread, since other people experienced the same problem: http://gewaltig.net/Forums/Thread.aspx?pageid=1&t=436~4

5/7/2014 8:23:20 AM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 210

I used to have them a lot on my old pc. It was really frustrated. However, someone suggested that it could be because there was dirt in the keyboard, which could make the input registering funky. That made me try to rebind the keys to other buttons and it completely stopped. Also i never have them on my new pc which have a keyboard that protects from dirt being able to come downthere.

Point is that i am pretty sure it has at least something to do with the keyboard, so maybe try and rebind your keys and see what happens. 

5/7/2014 9:10:52 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 344
The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent

I don't know your setup but I experienced weird behavior under windows if I hold modifier keys while playing. I'm using A D and F for the rotations on a mechanical keyboard(black switches) so it happened sometimes that I pressed CTRL and SHIFT with my wrist accidentally.

5/7/2014 10:58:03 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 49

As poopmore/vipjun said, I think it's because I have my space bar as harddrop... I don't want to change my harddrop key because I had it since I began playing casual and competitive tetris... Does this happen because of keyboard delay or repeat speed, or does it happen regardless of the settings? 

6/2/2014 8:34:59 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 30

im thinking repeat speed effects hard drop as well which may explain an overly sensitive drop key; im by no means a fast player but i noticed drops like what you described as well a phantom rotations happening when i increase my repeat speed past 4.5 . To be sure though you'd have to ask a developer if das and repeat effects all the keys. (sorry for the late post)

6/19/2014 7:03:08 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 648

Hard drop is not affected by the speed settings. You can test this easily by trying various settings and/or pressing the hard drop key for a long time.

Usually problems like this are caused by

• hardware
  • accidental presses
  • drivers
  • tools

Oftentimes tests with a fresh, clean windows installation (=NO 3rd party apps, only most recent video driver, nothing else) or another keyboard are conclusive.

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services