Disconnecting for the final time.

6/13/2014 4:17:18 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 150
How hard can it be?

Disconnecting for the final time.

If anyone has seen me online recently, you probably know it hasn't been for very long, because I disconnect just about every few minutes or seconds. I'm not even exaggerating a little bit here is 2 mins of unedited footage.

It has been just recently its been an ongoing problem for over 6 months now, I've looked at every optimiations and fixes and nothings worked. And Its been putting me in a very mad mood every single time. I really don't understand sometimes when I can stay perfectly connected to Starcraft, CSGO and some really shitty MMO's but I can't stay connected to a game that I used to be able to play on the same connection, which only decideds to work at the most random of times.

So this game is getting uninstalled and I decided to leave it. I made a lot of really good friends on here (shoutout to Leili, Under, Extruder and VIP). I was extremely passionate to the extent that I really enjoyed creating the ICL even though it went for a stupidly long amount of time (for which I apologise) and honestly never got to a stage with which I was happy with. I missed so many matches and it really annoyed me that I couldn't even stay online long enough to watch the finals. It also means there won't be an ICL Season 3, hosted by me anyway. I give free reign for anyone to use the format and name if they so choose.

Proudest moment was finally getting a 12 and rubbing it in VIP's face. :)

A nice 4 year run playing comes to an end, happy gaming and heres hoping you won't get d/c

Chow Krisna "kastle09" Siv

-edited by t0x-
i deleted the last part of your message. i think you understand that we dont want bashing on the forum.

6/13/2014 9:42:18 PM
t0x
Gravatar
Total Posts 730

Re: Disconnecting for the final time.

sorry to hear about your connection troubles kastle. i know you re not the only one and i REALLY hope that at some point simon will finally fix it and find the cause of the problems. i assume you are not the only one that quit c2 cause of this.

anyway, i hope that at some point you will come back to c2, you ve been very active and an important member of the community. 

about the tourney thing: dont worry too much about it, i thought you did very well. organizing tourneys in this lazy ass community (including me ;-)) can be a pain in the ass, and we are all thankfull enough that you put such an effort in it. 

greetings, thanks, and sorry again!

tobias

6/13/2014 10:00:58 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 42

-

6/13/2014 10:29:01 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 35
SHE WORE, SHE WORE, SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON

Oh no kastle what a shame!

Haven't really talked to you much but I got into cultris because of the first ICL!

Thanks for the effort you put in to organise it! Hope you will come back one day!

6/14/2014 2:53:52 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 15

Have you tried using a proxy or a VPN to connect to Cultris? You should probably do this to identify the problem. If you're able to connect successfully the problem is probably your own connection.

Another thing to test is to reset the Java keys from the registry. This will clear your whole profile. Go to your registry and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>SOFTWARE>JAVASOFT>PREFS>gewaltig. Try deleting the gewaltig file and restarting the client.

Another thing you should try doing is to flush your DNS cache from the cmd prompt (admin mode).

Enter the following in cmd prompt: ipconfig /flushdns

​You should just try to identify where the problem is first, then you should seek out more steps. 

6/14/2014 8:58:33 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 516

Another thing you could try is using the universal Cultris II version instead of the one optimized for Windows. Probably it won't fix your issue, but at least it is worth a try. See this thread. Here's a download (unfortunately with modified sounds).

6/14/2014 10:36:29 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 219

It's Probably your sophisticated router in action with some sophisticated security set to "on". The fact that cultris 2 uses some weird port number might explain why most other games work and not that one.
6/19/2014 7:17:48 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 648

Sorry to see you go. I really hope that it's only temporary.

In order to help to fix the issue, possibly for others, you could really help me out with the diagnosis and it'll only take a couple of minutes. Could you do the following things:

1. Open a command prompt
  2. Type "pathping gewaltig.net > log.txt" and press enter
    (this will take a couple minutes to complete)
  3. Send me the log.txt file by mail, or post it here

That would be tremendously helpful!

Cheers,
Simon

6/21/2014 2:13:57 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 42

-

6/23/2014 8:26:47 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 648

Hi Alexandra

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. Unfortunately it seems that your firewall is configured in a weird way. You should try to configure it in such a way that it lets ICMP messages through ("Ping"). The last line before "Computing statistics for xx seconds..." should read "xx secure.iru.ch [46.140.104.210]".

Cheers,
Simon

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services