Issue on OS X

10/13/2014 1:21:51 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 4

Issue on OS X

I've tried this on multiple computers now but when I try to play Cultris II on OS X it always fails.

Here are the steps to reproduce the problem:

1) download Cultris II from website

2) unzip

3) open Cultris app

This gives me the error, "'Cultris' is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

10/13/2014 9:13:42 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 515
hi

Re: Issue on OS X

I'm pretty sure i had this before but I dont remember how i fixed it.

Did you try a different unzip program?

Also this could be due security issues. Follow this page to see if it works: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/45404/mac-downloaded-app-is-damaged-and-cant-be-opened-error-solved/

Gl

10/13/2014 9:05:10 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 4

I don't think it's an issue with the unzip program since this is the default one which I use to unzip everything else.

Unfortunately I can't change the permissions to just allow all applications to run on this computer so I tried adding an exception to allow this app to run following the link here: 

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-bypass-damaged-application-warnings-in-os-x/

but now what I get is "invalid Info.plist (plist or signature have been modified)"

10/13/2014 9:26:52 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 4

After further investigation I believe there's an issue with the signature. Probably what happened was that someone updated the app without resigning the application.

In any case, I got around this by directly using the jar file instead of opening the application the normal way. I'd recommend fixing this so that the game just works though obviously.

For anyone else who has this issue, you can either change your permissions to allow apps downloaded from anywhere which I don't really recommend for just this game, or run "java -jar <path to Cultris.app>/Contents/Resources/Java/cultris2.jar>"

10/14/2014 9:13:06 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 515
hi

Than that might have been the issue last time. Good that you got it to work and thanks for sharing, ill try giving Simon a heads up.

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services