Keystrokes aren't registering. Help needed!

2/11/2015 6:39:03 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 11

Keystrokes aren't registering. Help needed!

When I play Cultris 2, it doesn't seem to recognize keystrokes I make unless I play very slowly. When I am playing at a relatively fast speed, the piece does not hard drop when I press the key and I may have to hit it two or three times for it to work. Other times, it hard drops but not where I want it to. I have this issue with spinning the tetrimono too. It doesn't always register my keystrokes to spin the piece causing me to hard drop a tetrimono improperly or causes me to press the key to spin it a few times. This same issue can happen when trying to go left or right. What can I do about this? I don't have this issue when I play TOP or Nullpomino. These issues occurred when using my previous keyboard as they do now on my new one so it can't be a hardware issue relating to my keyboard. The only temporary fix for this is uninstalling and then reinstalling Cultris 2 every time I want to play which is burdensome since not doing that will cause all these keystroke recognition issues.

2/11/2015 8:46:03 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 516

Re: Keystrokes aren't registering. Help needed!

You are probably the one who asked that question on reddit some days ago. I didn't reply because I didn't know what to say. Your issue is weird because Cultris 2 is an event-based game, so every keystroke is registered (in contrast to NullpoMino). There's some anti-cheat code which randomly ignores some of your inputs, if the game thinks you cheat - but humans shouldn't trigger it (you need to do 2 Left or Right keystrokes within around 15 miliseconds - impossibru).

I don't know how to fix your problem. If you play on a newer Windows system, then try to disable Aero/desktop composition.

2/12/2015 6:31:56 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 11

Re: Keystrokes aren't registering. Help needed!

I disabled the aero desktop and I switched to using windows xp service pack 2 in compatibility mode and now it works fine. smiley
Thanks for linking that video. The thread within the description was useful too.

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services