International Cultris League (ICL) Season 3

4/3/2015 2:42:13 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 150
How hard can it be?

International Cultris League (ICL) Season 3

Along with things that I promised I'd never do again but end upcoming back, and the fact that the quickfires are gonna kill me if I have to Keep getting up at 1am each weekend.

ICL Season 3 will be returning with a slightly new format this year. I want to put more emphasis on the "International" part of the ICL. So I took my inspiration from my other favourite game Starcraft 2 when they had the World Championships in 2012

My current plan is to create a 3 tier system that will go as follows.
Tier 1: National Champions

I've always liked the idea that someone can call themselves "the best Cultris player in <country>". The biggest thing I worry about is that there is some people who are the only person in there country. I might add in wildcard qualifiers or grouped regions such as the Pacific, or South East Asia. so people in one off countries can still enter the Continental Championships however It's probably not gonna be a lot of places possibly making it more difficult for them

I'm also weighing up whether to grant the 1st place player from Nationals a direct entry into Worlds maybe only a select few nations that are very competitive, but they can still compete at Continental. I think this makes Nationals actually matter and aren't just qualifiers. But how many countries will have nationals, and how many places will need to be reserved in the main event is completely based on how much interest I get from those nations. How many players I need to be willing to run a Nationals is still up for debate, at the moment I think 4-6 players at least.

If doing Nationals is just simply not feasible due to lack of players or some other reason,I am willing to cut it out to just have the first stage be the Continental Championships.

This format will be Double Elimination - Bo3, First to 11, Win By 2

Tier 2: Continental Championships

Seeded from the National events, The Continental Championships will be several events to for people in Europe, Nth and Sth America (may be just combined into America) Asia, and Oceania (Includes Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and the Pacific Island Regions). There isn't one for Africa or Antarctica because I don't know anyone that lives there, if there are, ill put Africa in EU and Antartica in Oceania.

How many advance from each region to Worlds will depend on how many players sign up from a specific region. Obviously places like Europe with a lot of players will have more seeds into worlds then Oceania.

This format will be Double Elimination - Bo3, First to 11, Win By 2

Tier 3: World Championships

The Main Event seeded from the varying regions will be in worlds. Depending on how many people are participating, there will be either 32 if theres a lot (which I doubt) or 16 seeded into groups. 

Im wondering how much effort I want to put into hosting these finals on Twitch and do some sort of advertising to have something at least a little bit professional looking. I really hate I say this ever year and its been ehh.

Two things I want you guys to do:

1. Go to this Poll and tell me what region you are from, Id like to know what I should seed, its very important if you want more chances to qualifier make sure people you know are voting in it

2. If you have an questions, comments or concerns please leave it below.

Thats all from me I hope your excited. Peace

kastle

4/7/2015 3:53:05 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 257
“If they ever tell my story let them say I walked with giants (...) let them say I lived in the time of Achilles...”

Re: International Cultris League (ICL) Season 3

I've made this doc a long time ago, it could be helpful, anyone can edit it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NSz_0AP-wiXIbAfpNrTjwgmx_RoKllwqzgJM_18KBE4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

4/7/2015 4:22:20 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 150
How hard can it be?

Re: International Cultris League (ICL) Season 3

Awesome i remember that.

I think im gonna cut the nationals and go straight to continents.

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services