Unable to connect while on VPN

6/23/2016 4:01:13 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 35
SHE WORE, SHE WORE, SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON

Unable to connect while on VPN

Hi

I have been using two VPN services (ExpressVPN and AirVPN), but Cultris won't connect when either of them is on. I will need a VPN most of the time for at least another month so would prefer that I don't have to disconnect the VPN everytime I want to play Cultris.

Is there anything I can tweak to make Cultris work with my VPN? I'm on a Mac by the way.

6/23/2016 8:15:11 AM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 210

Re: Unable to connect while on VPN

I'm not an expert in the use of VPN's, but I know that several people have made it work, Morphling for instance says that using a vpn for him makes the game run smoother. So maybe you can ask him. 

Besides that i had one myself some years back that I tried with cultris, and it just worked without any problems, so there is a chance it simple just doesn't work with the VPN services you use.

6/23/2016 10:07:25 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 35

Thanks Jes.

Yeah I do know that some people play with VPNs, and I have actually asked Morph about it. He doesn't know either. I don't think they needed to change anything play. Same as in your case, It just works for them.

The two VPN services I have are both paid ones and quite well known, so I suspect the problem is less likely from the VPNs.

6/23/2016 3:53:21 PM
t0x
Gravatar
Total Posts 730

hey there, 

if i remember correctly we had some troubles with a guy who used a vpn years ago. the solution to get rid of him was to block the ip-range of his used vpn. so not sure if thats the reason but it MIGHT be cause you are using the same service(s) as he was. 

just a wild guess tho

cheers

6/23/2016 5:48:59 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 35

Hi t0x

Thanks, but I doubt that's the reason. I've tried servers in different countries on both of my VPN services. No luck. :/

6/28/2016 2:36:58 PM
t0x
Gravatar
Total Posts 730

hm alright, i m afraid i cant help then. this is something Simon has to look into. 

if he s not answering here soon, you can try to contact him via email.

cheers

6/28/2016 2:52:04 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 515
hi

Do you know if other people are able to use the VPN services you are using? My guess would be that Simon is using an IP table that has the range of ip addresses from most known VPN services if your services are in those list they might get blocked. But maybe its good to ask other people if they use the same service, if they use the same its probably something else.

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services