A message for people considering to use bots

8/25/2016 8:53:06 AM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 209

A message for people considering to use bots

Since we had a couple of recent incidents with bots, I am going to write this post, even though it should not be necessary, as it would seem common sence.

Bots are not permitted to play challenges, other than on guest accounts(so they cannot obtain a spot on the highscore list) and they are not permitted to play in ffa (where they can obtain rank, and steal rank from other players). If you have a bot you want to try out, create a room on your own. These rooms are not ranked, and people can play vs your bot to test it out.

If a bot gets into the highscore, we will delete that highscore and the user will be warned, and in reoccuring instances he will be temp banned. If a bot plays in ffa, he will be warned, and if it reoccurs, he will be temp banned.

Regards.

Admins

8/25/2016 3:22:03 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 2

Re: A message for people considering to use bots

When you say recent incidents with bots... why do I feel you mean... me?

cool

8/25/2016 3:22:59 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 2

Didn't like my 2k lines on Shi, huh?

cool

8/25/2016 5:10:50 PM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 209

You weren't the only one. But yes, you as well.

8/29/2016 3:47:16 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 62
つ﹏⊂

If you have a bot you want to try out, create a room on your own.

I got Seto San's bot and I keep on this :p

8/29/2016 3:52:05 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 62
つ﹏⊂

Didn't like my 2k lines on Shi, huh?

yah your 2k lines record is very good.BUT pls not use bot to take record.AND do not take your bot to FFA.Seto San's bot can completely beat SlickaLei,but I never use it for rank.I hope you don't do that either.:P

8/31/2016 6:25:53 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 166
"Speed and power are nothing without direction and control." - Unknown

What you should do being given you own a bot, is that you should record your challenges with a guest account that way you have the proof of your own coded bot & the score doesn't submit which is only fair.

8/31/2016 9:55:08 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 5

and what about "speed" programs (if you see what i mean),  is there any protection against them ?

since im back, i feel some players are very very fast .. like instantly a big change about the bpm

during my work, i had to try a lot to find a way to block / detect it.. and without an "anti-cheat" its not possible to detect this kind of programs.

i'd like to see a "sign" from Simon about it.
ty

edit: oh and sometimes when you are feeling the server lag or get some freezes from your blocks.. they are guilty ^

9/1/2016 2:47:59 AM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 38

For me, im really fast. But im not consistent.

Often when im not consistent i try to play slow, and make even more errors.

9/1/2016 8:14:55 AM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 209

What speed hack are you talking about jt? I have never felt any reason to believe that anyone uses speedhacks, tetris is a lot faster than it used to be, but it has evolved the entire time I have been playing. When i started the 40 line world record was a bit above 26 seconds, now it's around 18. How does a program like that even work? Shouldn't be possible to make a program let one player go faster, without actually playing for him, unless he slows the server down. If the small glitches do that, it seems to me that the increase in bpm would be very small.

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services