I suddenly thought of an idea

9/16/2016 8:46:52 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 62
つ﹏⊂

I suddenly thought of an idea

How about add teamplay system in VS page?It's fun to teamplay with c2bot xD

​(In addition, if it is released in a patch, what about fix some bugs like some crash bug in challenge records?like shitaiye and james...)

9/17/2016 9:38:09 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 513

Re: I suddenly thought of an idea

Teamplay for singleplayer sounds like a good idea. It's pretty easy to add. All you need is a checkmark for teamplay and a checkmark to prevent a game from terminating if the player is topped out. The number of opponents slider can be used to calculate the number of players in a team assuming it's always 2 teams. Teams could also work for Cheese and Survivor. This thread contains some suggestions for Team Cheese.

Also, it would be nice to see the current score in a bot match. I don't want to count how many games I am ahead or behind if I play against 1 bot.

Although it's a good idea I doubt it will happen. Cultris doesn't seem to be actively developed anymore (last patch was about 4 years ago I think) and the Devs are too afraid to give the source code to other people.

9/21/2016 5:53:45 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 157

What's there to fear if this is added, more players? more donations possibly... ?

9/22/2016 8:30:36 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 513

There are good reasons for such a fear. When you give the source code to somebody, you probably have to hand over the code for the server, too. And in this case, the other person could make a server him-/herself and you wouldn't have control over your own game anymore. Or said person could make a new game based on your game. Or said person could share the source code with the internet which would allow other people to cheat (I would know of a way to cheat which doesn't require the server code). So never give the source code of an online game to anybody you don't trust.

More players isn't always good. If your Tetris game becomes too popular, it could become a target for the Tetris company with the reasoning that it hurts their business model. I doubt this can happen to a Java game though - Java hasn't potential/visibility anymore.

PS: Cultris devs don't accept donations.

9/22/2016 8:36:46 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 626

We were recently informed by the bank that our account is full. That's why we don't want any more donations. Living on a tropical island only costs so much.

9/22/2016 9:30:12 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 510
hi

A full baNk account is all nice but what about a full fridge? Maybe we can buy you a beer?

9/24/2016 2:46:45 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 157

lol

9/26/2016 2:57:12 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 62
つ﹏⊂

There are good reasons for such a fear. When you give the source code to somebody, you probably have to hand over the code for the server, too. 

What about update a new version on the main page instead?

9/26/2016 11:59:38 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 157

^ but can it be done?