10 years have passed since C2 servers have become unplayable

2/6/2017 11:05:40 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 4

10 years have passed since C2 servers have become unplayable

It still feels like yesterday when I logged on to C2 to get my tetris fix for the day, and saw that noone was online. I thought it was really weird, since at least a few people are online any hour of the day you log on. Nevertheless, I hopped into the FFA room, thinking that I just happened to log on at an unusually quiet time. I was practicing for a few seconds then I saw another user came to join me. "Hi", I said. He said nothing for a moment, as if he didn't see me. I was starting to think that he was just a dick when he said, "let's see how long we last until we get kicked." I was very perplexed for a moment, then it hit me, quite literally with the message "Lost connection to GEWALTIG.net." 

Harddrop Open VIII, forever frozen in time, was doomed from the start. The admins promised that C2 will be fixed eventually, that we'll still be able to continue the tournament. But days passed, then a week passed, then suddenly a month passed without any sign that it'll ever be back. By this point its participants have all but moved on with their lives, looking for hope and a sense of belonging elsewhere on this wild and harsh environment of the tetris world. A select few have held on to the dream that maybe, just maybe C2 will come back with a bang and be restored to its former glory days. They kept on coming back to what remained of C2 servers for a time (broken piece of shit), but their optimism gradually turned into disappointment, and their disappointment into anger, then to cynicism when they finally realised it will never happen. Then they too abandoned ship. It took years till everyone had mostly forgotten about the once-vibrant community of C2, now just another relic of the past.

I personally didn't bother to try other tetris games. To me they were all inferior to what C2 meant to me - it was not just a game, it was piece of my life that I took for granted. It was what I turned to when I got frustrated with the harsh realities of real life. Having fun talking shit in all chat. It never judged me. It was always there for me, until that fateful day when a promise of a good time pwning noobs in FFA was replaced by "Lost connection to GEWALTIG.net." I quit my job in anger, unable to cope, and literally yelled at my girlfriend until she left me. Subsequently it lead me down a vicious and violent spiral downwards with booze, drugs and prostitution, sucking dick just to get money for the internet cafe to see if C2 had come back. 

Now I also have mostly lost hope of it ever coming back and once again filling the empty void inside me. I eventually crawled out of my desperate struggle in the streets, and started to get my life back together. Somehow after 10 years gewaltig.net is still accessible, all but forgotten to its users, but I still like to come back to it sometimes. It makes me hard to think how satisfying it was to not only beat the noobs over and over, but get the occasional win against the top dogs. In fact nowadays this is the only way I can get and maintain an erection, reminiscing about the times I had in C2. I can now only fuck girls who bend their body into a tetramino shape before I put my dick inside them, otherwise I will never orgasm. 

I know it's futile, but I still log on to the ol' FFA from time to time to see if it will let me stay for longer than 10 seconds. Invariably I get kicked, but now I simply don't care anymore; I have developed a mental tolerance to it over the years. I don't think I'll ever stop coming back though. C2 had a special place in my heart, and for better or worse it changed the course of my life. There's nothing else I can do now. Life is meaningless to me without C2.

2/6/2017 12:27:52 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 71

Re: 10 years have passed since C2 servers have become unplayable

do you check harddrop sometimes? simon replied the email and said he will be back on feb. 10. he' s on a vacation.

this isn't the first time c2 having a long disconnection problem, there were about 2 other times lasted for more than 5 days

hope people can still wait, i like the tournament on c2.

i hope there is someone other than Simon who can do the same work on c2 as he.

2/6/2017 3:22:06 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 92

Was it me that said "let's see how long we last until we get kicked?"?

like what you did there with the post

2/6/2017 6:17:30 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 143
LAG. ― Explo.

Hi,

"To me they were all inferior to what C2 meant to me - it was not just a game, it was piece of my life that I took for granted."

Goodbye Cultris 2 :( until Simon gets back...

2/6/2017 10:15:22 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 4

@iljain it's too late, I'm already sucking dicks to make ends meet. @downy yes it was. Glad you liked it
2/7/2017 9:03:45 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 502
hi

Next time we should all sync our vacations with Simon's vacation.

@Simon can you let us know when you go on vacation then we can book stuff... thanks

2/7/2017 3:23:09 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 42

+1

am also now dead bc simon 

its like letting someone see heavan only to kick them back to earth after they got a taste

2/8/2017 5:03:56 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 92

I am immortalized into billy's story!!! Suck on that all those people who are better than me at cultris! lol