does simon actualy care about this game?

2/27/2017 8:56:49 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 46

does simon actualy care about this game?

server is dc'ing everyone today...BIG SURPRISE

server was down for about 2 weeks not too long ago

theres no real way to communicate with the people (single person re: simon) who is apparently the only one that can fix these issues

no other tetris platform has the connection and server issues that cultris has

----------

yeah i get that he doesnt want donations, yeah i get that its only one person, yeah i get that its a dead game etc. etc. But these are all under the control of Simon, who apparently only wants the bare minimum of his time invested into keeping this game alive. i find it extraordinarily selfish of him

/end rant

2/27/2017 9:37:51 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 149

Re: does simon actualy care about this game?

2/27/2017 10:45:10 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 46

also i dont know if Simon has been passed this message but if he needs help or a server host...there are many options. if he wants someone trustworthy, Blink has offered to host the game.

2/28/2017 5:18:57 AM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 31

+1 saw that coming.

Think about another perspective, we should be thankful that we can play at all.

2/28/2017 10:54:41 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 4

You should just do what I do and suck dicks for a living, that'll keep you occupied while cultris is down

But for real I think Simon could at least talk to us/make a forum post that explains why the servers keep going down and if he wants help maintaining it. He's not obligated to do anything for us since he doesn't make money from this, but it sucks for us to watch the servers go down and not be able to do anything about it.

2/28/2017 11:32:08 AM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 204

The most important thing to me is to feel that it is actually noticed, and to get some feedback.

If you know the server is down for x amount of time it isn't as bad - it still sucks but it's manageable. Having no clue is just very annoying.

Besides that, it's also just horrible timing with one of the bigger Tetris tournaments going on on Cultris right now, and the server keeps going bazonka.

3/2/2017 11:57:14 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 46

3/2 server appears to be down AGAIN right now

3/3/2017 12:22:42 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 2

So sad =( 

3/4/2017 11:56:20 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 1

why no other people to help/ be in charge of this server/connection thing. he told me money isn't the problem, time is, in an e-mail replied to me. hope he lets people to help him.

3/4/2017 8:45:37 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 626

Relax kids. A couple points:

• Sorry for the server problems during the competition. Server ran stable for months, then an unexpected problem came up while I was in the middle of nowhere (no computers, no internet, ...). Sorry about that!
  • Hosting Cultris requires dedicated servers or a tightly controllable virtualization platform, for timing reasons. Those things usually run at ~500$/year.
  • Please remember that this is a hobby for me and completely free for you. If you ever find a better deal, take it!
  • Hosting it on my own infrastructure and not having to deal with $$$ is easier.
  • Sucking dicks for a living is a good thing to do.
  • The server keeps going down for various reasons - the problems in the last few days are because of peering problems in Europe. It's not as if there's a single problem that I don't/can't fix.
  • If you don't think the servers are in a great shape now, you probably missed the first few releases :)
  • #SAD
  • Other people are in charge of things too. The website is managed by Blaatap, for example.