• More consistency
  • New (reactivated) Offline Mode: 40 lines
  • New (reactivated) Online Mode: Survivor, Slowest Link, 40 lines
  • No annoying Background Animation anymore
  • Reduced Input Lag
  • Version with blur / no blur
  • Up to 120 Bots in local Training

As of 22.04.2019

Will not maintain the date in the starter anymore. It's too much work.

Added Up to 120 Bots in local Training option
Disabled Audio handling for lag-causing exp wav audio files
Rearranged exp ogg audio files and use wav now instead
WIP (Support for local-audio only) tbd

Current version will be in a new Folder called Low-Lag-WIP

As of 12.04.2019

Made the dark-mode background default

As of 10.03.2019

Added version with blur

As of 09.03.2019

Removed Blur
New (reactivated) Offline Mode: 40 lines
New (reactivated) Online Mode: Survivor, Slowest Link, 40 lines

As of 23.02.2018
Cultris II Community Patch No Trainer needed anymore.
Patch works for Windows, Linux, Mac Just download the Folder and extract.

Linux

Just install it via sh

Mac

Just install the package and maybe run sudo spctl --master-disable in terminal
Then chmod +x "/Applications/YOURAPP.app/Contents/MacOS"
OR if that doesn't help
xattr -rc "/Applications/YOURAPP.app"

Then you can run it.

Download (latest)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-7VKber5daCv87QTpDzztQcF_4q4giuN?usp=sharing

Download (previous version)
https://mega.nz/#F!VgsREKKY!LfEf0iGqoK1kzf3Xsg7xWQ

enlightenedFAQenlightened

I still only have 60 FPS, what now?

nVidia 
1. Go to nVidia Control Panel
2. Click on manage 3D settings
3. Click on Program Settings
4. Add java.exe https://i.imgur.com/CNzOI67.png
5. Scroll down and deactivate V-Sync https://i.imgur.com/DZfEWEN.png
6. Set prerendered Frames to 1 for less lag https://i.imgur.com/pbrNCH2.png

For who is the Patch for?
Basically anyone can use it. The only Limit in FPS is Hardware / Cultris II itself.

How can i support you?

After you did read the FAQ, please feel free to report any problems you encounter.

Have Fun,

DEF

8/31/2017 4:42:07 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 74

Re: Cultris II unofficial Community Patch

i can vouch for this tool. when im not on my mac i play on my 144hz monitor and allowing the fps to go above 144 allows for 10x better gameplay 

8/31/2017 7:21:19 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 174

Great work so far on this and it really works, Def guided me through the process (it's pretty simple once you finish the steps, you just need to do them in the correct order and download the correct java version, etc...

yeswink

9/1/2017 11:27:09 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 2

To some extent, DEF's work makes my C2 windowed rebirth,it plays very fast, which in my low configuration of this computer is simply the Gospel, thanks to the dedication of DEF once again!

9/2/2017 12:23:10 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 23

Good job! Makes windowed mode playable again. 

9/17/2017 10:44:51 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 516

Thanks for making the no background version and increasing rate of input polling. I can play faster with this unofficial patch. I think getting a piece to the wall is faster than before with the same autorepeat settings.

9/18/2017 2:17:37 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 14

No background? Where? How? :)

9/18/2017 6:43:50 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 516

I mean no wave animation. Just monochrome background. That's part of the download provided by Def in the first post.

9/19/2017 2:48:24 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 14

Yes, my "new" jar file was too old, thanks !

5/9/2018 1:33:30 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 1

I can't get it to work on my macbook.

Any help?

5/9/2018 3:29:33 PM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 65

What is the issue on MAC?

5/9/2018 3:31:01 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 174

Hi, @Mr Pei Pachi, what's the error you are seeing? Could you post a screenshot or something, please?

8/15/2018 2:28:36 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 3

I'm on windows and I can't get it work. I unlocked the bat and executed it, but in-game everything stays the same (the background is still moving) .

Can anyone help me, please ?

8/15/2018 2:51:05 PM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 65

Make sure Java 64 Bit Version is NOT installed.
Then Download the 32 Bit Version http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

Install the 32 Bit version and double click the Jar (On Windows)

The game should start. There is no need for the .bat
In fact, extract the patch from .zip to a folder under Documents is recommended.
Then double click the .jar

8/15/2018 4:53:23 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 3

Am I overlooking the 32 bit download link !? https://imgur.com/a/GjcIWwQ

8/15/2018 6:43:36 PM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 65

Yes, you do.
For that you have to know that x86 means 32 Bit and x64 64 Bit.

Here i marked em.

https://i.imgur.com/oeWKSXO.png

9/15/2019 4:56:01 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 14

The newer versions appear to use JRE-9 as opposed to JRE-8 shown in the SS above. Is there a chance that older versions using 8 are stiil available? JRE-9 does not run on my particular OS. 

9/15/2019 12:59:17 PM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 65

Hello,

yes, they should work nonetheless.

You just need to make sure they are linked to a 32 bit version of java.
About what OS are we talking about?

Best regards,

DEF

9/15/2019 10:41:48 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 14

Win XP 32-bit. No JRE-9 for that. 

9/25/2019 12:38:17 AM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 65

Uninstall any JAVA you have and install the ZULU AZUL Community Java

https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/

9/25/2019 4:04:26 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 14

I did, I got the same error, I get a black window the size of which cultris would normally load, then it closes and generates a crash log. https://pastebin.com/As7MBdkn is one of those logs if it's of any use (I doubt it).

I tried Zulu JRE 8, despite everything on that site saying that windows 2008r2 or higher is required. When that didn't work I tried JRE FX 8 and got a similar error (I even modified the .bat file to point to its java.exe to be sure). Then I tried JRE FX 11, but its Java.exe, similar to JRE9 reports not being a win32 application.

I really don't see any other solution than sending an older version that was compiled for JRE8, or making such a version (144 Hz 144 fps sounds very sexy). Not sure if you are willing or able to do those things though. If not it's cool, I get it, old OS is old.

9/25/2019 9:24:49 AM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 65

Just to make sure... you do run the game on a 144 hz monitor?
The only thing that’s left are several OpenJdk variants of which one could maybe work.
Cultris II originally runs on Java7SE, you may have to find something like this.

9/25/2019 6:32:18 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 14

Yep 144 Hz display. Out of curiosity, how were the unofficial patches made? Is there a github? 

9/25/2019 6:55:30 PM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 65

Nah - since there is no code, there is no github.

Some strings I was able to decrypt, but everything else are just some adjustments via java bytecode.
Thing is, the game has no anti cheat system, so you probably could do anything given you are good enough.
There is not much I can change. Have to be creative. Cultris II obfuscation is much worse than Triple A games.
Hearing that from someone else who did rescue a lot of older games, I had hired him for another game.
But with Cultris II? He didn't want to mess with. 

9/26/2019 12:38:33 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 14

Do you guys have your own internal notes somewhere you could send me as to what was modified? How exactly does it work, the binary is untouched and the files in /rt look generic, so was it reverse engineered into a .jar or ?

Sorry to keep botheriing but this is very very interesting to me.

9/26/2019 1:13:34 PM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 65

Hello Lorfa,

you could delete rt when you just link the java runtime. It's nothing else than a runtime needed in combination with the .exe which has an embedded .jar.
We have not converted binaries. In fact, after you start the .exe file, the jar is being deployed into the %temp% folder (speaking of Windows)

I'd like to ask you something - are you aware of how eclipse builds the java classes?
Because it's exactly how it is. Changes were done modifying compiled java classes, using different bytecode editors.
Many changes weren't possible, because the game is obfuscated.

For anti-cheat reasons, many of the changes are just in my head.
'Community patch'
[...] things began before I even started my work on it.
As a linux version, where someone took the verification away, so it could run on Linux.

As for me, I wasn't even aware of it, but someday I got a 240Hz monitor, and I was annoyed that the game only ran at 60hz.
That's when I messed with it.

In the end, most of the modifications were done by me, at the same time, I had help when deploying mac os packages.

I still have my own share of ressources, but there is not much todo anymore.
Once even had the game running in 64 bit mode (it's possible). But didn't release it as it was less fast.

If you want to learn how todo the same thing, obfuscate a jar, and mod the classes inside with an bytecode editor..
Cultris II is obfuscated with a very old version ALLATORI which I may would be able to deobfuscate completely if it wasn't that old.
There is just no binary of it...

Actually the display/fps changes are done within the LWJGL framework...

9/27/2019 6:06:19 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 14

>the .exe which has an embedded .jar

I knew it! 

>after you start the .exe file, the jar is being deployed into the %temp% folder (speaking of Windows)

I couldn't find this anywhere though. In fact I looked at every single file created on the system and what time while cultris was running and didn't find it. There were some JF .tmp files with a long string of numbers, but these were ~300 kb. The .jar that you guys have is like 8 MB.

My delusional idea was to find the .jar, and compare it to your .jar and hopefully manage to make some changes that would work despite the difference in java version on the system.

I noticed the game is locked at 60 fps in the menu, but it goes up to 120 in an actual game. Well, the frame counter says 121, so that could either indicate a hard limit with a precision error, or it could be that that's all the fps I'm getting with my hardware. Hard to believe, but frametimes could be long if it was unoptimized or w/e. Still I'd love to try the 144 Hz version..

9/27/2019 7:30:44 AM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 65

>My delusional idea was to find the .jar, and compare it to your .jar and hopefully manage to make some changes that would work despite the difference in java version on the system.

Well, to make things simple you could extract the jar from the mac os package. It's the same one.

> I noticed the game is locked at 60 fps in the menu, but it goes up to 120 in an actual game. Well, the frame counter says 121, so that could either indicate a hard limit with a precision error, or it could be that that's all the fps I'm getting with my hardware. Hard to believe, but frametimes could be long if it was unoptimized or w/e. Still I'd love to try the 144 Hz version..

The 60fps is the actual FPS counter, while outside of a game. Inside of a game, it shows the Input rate. Input is scanned twice the amount of FPS. So if you are on 144FPS, your input rate would be 288(+1) due to the precision error.

Yea, there is no problem in comparing the jars. But I'd wonder if it would help you.
Out of convenience, I post the original.

https://mega.nz/#F!MxkBFAyI!Y342FN9WIoy8koQuusF9yw​

9/28/2019 6:11:48 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 14

So I compared them in Winmerge, the only things different are:

fe.class

org/lwjgl/opengl/Displaymode.class

net/gewaltig/cultris/Cultris.class

There is only a difference of 16336 bytes (weird how close to 16384 that is, but probably just coincidence), with the original being smaller.

So I would have to find the differences more precisely, and see what I can get away with mixing and matching without requiring JRE-9. Might be impossible, donno.

How do I run the regular game through the original .jar though? As is I just get a 'could not find or load main class'. 

Thanks a bunch for posting the link, and also thanks for all the info so far.

9/28/2019 1:18:40 PM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 65

Hello.

The main class is net\gewaltig\cultris\cultris.class

I don't know what you did, but if you think you can extract an Archive like this under Windows, you are at fault.
aA and AA, Aa is simply the same file for windows.
Wdym with running the regular game through jar?
There is a bat file in my patches, with which you start it.

The regular 'regular' game is an .exe file, you don't load it through java -jar ...
What do you even plan todo? 

Wouldn't it be more convenient ask in the cultris discord about it?

10/22/2019 8:24:51 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 13

The official Cultris II is not supported by Mac OS Catalina and above, it can't run 32 bits executables :(

10/23/2019 9:53:03 AM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 65

Hello,

>The official Cultris II is not supported by Mac OS Catalina and above, it can't run 32 bits executables :(

That ain't no problem.
I could skip the startup check and all we need is 64 bit dependencies. 
That goes for Windows, Linux, MAC.

But for now, I recommend to stay away from Catalina anyways, because supporting 64 bit only may be something that wouldn't be accepted by endusers anyways and may be reverted.
If you insist, please first message Simon. I'm still not happy that the game receives no updates on it's own.

Best regards,

DEF

3/17/2020 5:05:06 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 5

Hey Def, is there a way to restore the sound effects ("Perfect", "Godlike") back into the game? Is there a file I can copy/paste from the original folder or smth? I would really appreciate your help! 

Also I enjoyed the BTTF reference ;)

3/17/2020 5:10:31 PM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 65

Remember that the WIP is a proof of concept - it disables sounds that stack too much to avoid performance problems.

You can add way more bots offline this way, without having much lag.If you don't want the WIP, just pick the versions in the non-WIP folder.

Best,

DEF

8/6/2020 5:23:49 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 1

hello all,

Does anyone face the issue that cannot open the game?
After opening game, a pop-up appears "Could not find the main class: net/gewalting/cultris/Cultris"

Are there any solution for this?

Thanks

Yellow Cat

8/7/2020 5:01:31 PM
Def
Gravatar
Total Posts 65

Hello YellowCat,

cause there are so many patches around, that can happen.
Could you please point to the exact link and version you are using or even better, join Cultris II discord channel that is found in Cultris II lobby and contact me?

My username is 00#9395

Regards,

DEF

Share This Using Popular Bookmarking Services