Multiple entries on the challenge highscores?

9/2/2016 9:18:09 AM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 210

Multiple entries on the challenge highscores?

Just writing to ask peoples opinion, as I am not even sure Simon would be interested in fixing it.

There are several people who have multiple entries on the highscore list in the challenges with multiple accounts. To me this is a problem, because it means that the top 100 is not really the top 100, but maybe the top 70, or even 50 (I have not done an actual count). But what are other peoples opinions? Should it be ok to have multiple entries, or should we look into asking Simons opinion upon deleting confirmed duplicates?

Regards

Jes

9/2/2016 11:48:25 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 150
How hard can it be?

Re: Multiple entries on the challenge highscores?

With the rate at which people grind challengers to kill time, I think it would become a problem especially good players who might not even notice how many spots they can end up taking up.

9/2/2016 4:28:38 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 76

as a noob i definitely think its lame to have more than 1 entry :(

9/2/2016 4:44:30 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 39

It's always a good idea to have correct stats. But how can you be 100 % sure, that a certain player has played a challenge with multiple accounts? Moreover, on what basis can an admin decide which of the accounts is the significant one? For example a player had acc. A, decided then (maybe due to loss of Data because he hasn't played for a while, or just to start over freshly and so on) created acc. B. In my opinion there is only a (uncomfortable) solution, namly resetting the challenges from time to time. Maybe adding a super highscore where people are listed only, when they have surpassed a certain barrier (X minutes, 15;30,45 sec) at least two times, then the best goal will be written to the super highscore. I'm also for a restriction of ffa to registered players.(but that's old :P)
9/5/2016 8:05:29 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 25
:3c

If it can be confirmed that multiple accounts are the same person, then in my personal opinion, I think multiple challenge records should be removed. I work hard for my weak scores and if, in actuality, they are roughly 50 ranks better.. that's a huge difference and a reflection of the work(luck) I put into the challenge itself. :3

9/5/2016 8:50:59 AM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 210

@Angst 

We cannot be 100% sure, that's why i said confirmed duplicates. There are a few we know for sure are exactly that. However, I know that there is a problem with this, because it still means that some people will get deleted and some will not. Some people might consider this unfair, which is sadly sort of is. The problem is the rather widespread use of VPN, which makes it impossible to be certain of anything. 

On the "which is the real account", I think its quite easy. Whichever has the higher score in the challenges must be the main account for that challenge. 

@Marissa

I don't have any clue if it is 50 ranks or 25 ranks. I have a feeling it is in that vicinity, but i haven't tried counting. But yes. This is why i think it is a problem. A lot of people care (at least i would think so), about the rank they fought to get. It is not okay that it seems a lot worse than it is, simply because someone is narcissistic, and wants to show that he can get more than 1 account upthere. It should be obviously that someone in the top 20 can get an infinite amount of scores that are higher than someone in the 200s. It is not an accomplishment, it just makes a lot of people look worse than they are.

9/5/2016 5:00:40 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 39

@Jes. Still. What about the future? Will there be a monthly highscore cleaner?...just as the Problem of multiple stats will remain.
9/6/2016 8:13:05 AM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 210

Anytime a dual entry is confirmed I think it should be removed. It's obviously not going to be perfect, but it would make it slightly more accurate.

9/6/2016 4:53:07 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 76

also i think having multiple accounts int the first place shouldnt be allowed :S 

like accounts that are not logged into for more than 1 year or accounts that are confirmed duplicates shouhld be removed

e.g. pros having multiple top 50 accounts

9/6/2016 7:51:41 PM
Jes
Gravatar
Total Posts 210

kb1900

​I 100% agree on that as well.